Welcome to East Texas Aquarium Keepers.
Please feel free to Register

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to East Texas Aquarium Keepers.
Please feel free to Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Good place to get Limestone rocks?
by sheridan Thu 25 Jul 2019, 1:02 pm

» Looking for Apex AWM module
by BBolen Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:39 pm

» Selling my Red Sea Max 130D
by TWBriz Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:54 pm

» Collectors sps frag pack
by blueseatex Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:01 pm

» Selling a couple of tanks
by Danny21 Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:50 pm

» Reef Breakdown Sale
by David012081 Sun 17 Apr 2016, 9:33 pm

» Reef tank breakdown sale.
by ritter678 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm

» Converting 90 gallon reef tank to freshwater sale
by oifwarvet Sat 09 Jan 2016, 8:58 pm

» mp10Wes,Storm controller, oxidator
by blueseatex Wed 09 Dec 2015, 11:29 pm

» FREE starry blenny. Very healthy.
by jakebetts0501 Sun 08 Nov 2015, 2:17 am

» Help with lighting.
by oifwarvet Fri 06 Nov 2015, 8:55 am

» equipment bonanza
by Carabelli Mon 02 Nov 2015, 12:32 pm

» Need to Sell all livestock and LR
by grawlfang Sat 24 Oct 2015, 2:45 pm

» Fish tank and equipment for sale!
by anthonydsims34 Tue 13 Oct 2015, 2:29 pm

» North Texas Reef Fanatics October Coral Frag Swap
by markmesquite Fri 28 Aug 2015, 11:53 am

Sponsors
COOP Rules Screen-capture-1
Like/Tweet/+1
Keywords

ORDER  gallon  2012  2011  2014  DUAL  

COOP Rules

+2
matt_longview
JoseH
6 posters

:: COOP

Go down

COOP Rules Empty COOP Rules

Post by JoseH Sun 23 Jan 2011, 4:49 pm

To receive a coral
1) You have to be a member

2) 15 posts minimum

3) Post your tank info and pic in the tread

4) At least 2 people have to agree you can receive the coral

5) The Host should update the thread when they are ready to be a donor. Or, if the frag dies they should post that as well.

6) Delayed ownership. The coral that is donated does not belong to you. You are hosting this coral so that it can be grown out and fragged from for others to receive. You will receive a small coral frag. That frag will then grow in your system (however it still belongs to the donor). Once it gets a bit larger it will be possible for that coral to have one or two frags removed from it and it still remain healthy. Once at least two frags have been removed from and given away to other etak members via the coop THEN you own the coral... NOT before then.

The coral should not be sold, traded or given away without approval of the donor for any reason because it is their coral.

Thank You;
JoseH

Does anyone have anything to add to the rules?

Last edited by JoseH on Wed 08 Feb 2012, 5:00 pm; edited 5 times in total
JoseH
JoseH
Admin
Admin

http://www.etakc.com

Back to top Go down

COOP Rules Empty Re: COOP Rules

Post by matt_longview Sun 23 Jan 2011, 5:02 pm

Maybe a period of time from registering instead of a post minimum. Pretty simple to go around and say "nice tank!" and "+1" a few times and rack up a bunch of posts.
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by JoseH Sun 23 Jan 2011, 5:11 pm

matt_longview wrote:Maybe a period of time from registering instead of a post minimum. Pretty simple to go around and say "nice tank!" and "+1" a few times and rack up a bunch of posts.

How about 2 weeks
JoseH
JoseH
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anjiro Mon 07 Feb 2011, 9:16 pm

I think the co op is an awesome idea, but I would shoot for more like how long the tank has been set up, bioload, tank params, etc.

Anjiro
Damsel

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimreefer Sat 05 Mar 2011, 10:40 pm

I think you should have to donate frags (NOT hairy mushrooms, xenia, cheato, etc.........) before you can receive anything.

Grimreefer

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:32 pm

Can we add a rule about the coop so that it's understood a little better... I've seen a deal or two or three end poorly.

Delayed ownership. The coral that is donated does not belong to you. You are hosting this coral so that it can be grown out and fragged from for others to receive. You will receive a small coral frag. That frag will then grow in your system (however it still belongs to the donor). Once it gets a bit larger it will be possible for that coral to have one or two frags removed from it and it still remain healthy. Once at least two frags have been removed from and given away to other etak members via the coop THEN you own the coral... NOT before then.

The coral should not be sold, traded or given away without approval of the donor for any reason because it is their coral.

By the way... I still love the coop and nothing has happened to me. I'm a happy camper, I just want those who have been extremely generous in giving to the coop to remain that way because it's a healthy and growing program.
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by ritter678 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:54 pm

matt_longview wrote:Can we add a rule about the coop so that it's understood a little better... I've seen a deal or two or three end poorly.

Delayed ownership. The coral that is donated does not belong to you. You are hosting this coral so that it can be grown out and fragged from for others to receive. You will receive a small coral frag. That frag will then grow in your system (however it still belongs to the donor). Once it gets a bit larger it will be possible for that coral to have one or two frags removed from it and it still remain healthy. Once at least two frags have been removed from and given away to other etak members via the coop THEN you own the coral... NOT before then.

By the way... I still love the coop and nothing has happened to me. I'm a happy camper, I just want those who have been extremely generous in giving to the coop to remain that way because it's a healthy and growing program.

Great post Matt. I totally agree. DFWMAS has something similar to this. The coral belongs to the coop until a frag has been donated back. If you don't plan on donating back or don't want the responsibility then don't take corals from the COOP. It's a good plan and a great way for members to share corals but everyone has to go by the rules for it to work. It's not a place to pick up free stuff for your tank or a money making opportunity.
ritter678
ritter678

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimreefer Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:09 pm

+1 guys. Seems to have slowed down on this section. Would love to see this section kick back in.

Grimreefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeti Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:55 pm

I agree with this suggestion. As the recipient of several frags I view it as a matter of honour that when I can, that I frag these and offer them to the co-op.
And when I have some of the Louisiana corals ready to frag, I will firstly be contacting those that have supported me, and then offering to the co-op.

Personally, I would like to see a few pics of a persons tank if they were wanting co-op corals. But that's really, if truth be told, because I like to see others tanks
Yeti
Yeti

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:25 am

Rule number 3. :-)

That's why we all want to see pics... because we're greedy for eye candy!
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by JoseH Wed 08 Feb 2012, 5:00 pm

I have updated the rules. Thank you for the suggestion.
JoseH
JoseH
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoseH Wed 08 Feb 2012, 5:10 pm

JoseH wrote:
if the frag dies they should post that as well.

I apologize greatly for not following these rules myself. I did not update that my tank had crashed therefore killing all my COOP coral. and I tried to sell the remaining survivors, one being a COOP toadstool (I had honestly forgotten it was a COOP frag). But I ended up putting it up on the COOP section. I am not asking for any more coral just clearing any confusion. I still have a superman mushroom that I acquired from Matt, Its doing great and when its ready to frag I will post it on the COOP section.

Thank You;
JoseH
JoseH
JoseH
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Wed 08 Feb 2012, 5:43 pm

Hey... it used to not be a rule! Haha.

An apology goes a long way Jose and it raises my opinion of you for being open and up front about it even though my opinion of you was never lowered.

Thanks for updating. :-)
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down