Welcome to East Texas Aquarium Keepers.
Please feel free to Register

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to East Texas Aquarium Keepers.
Please feel free to Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Good place to get Limestone rocks?
by sheridan Thu 25 Jul 2019, 1:02 pm

» Looking for Apex AWM module
by BBolen Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:39 pm

» Selling my Red Sea Max 130D
by TWBriz Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:54 pm

» Collectors sps frag pack
by blueseatex Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:01 pm

» Selling a couple of tanks
by Danny21 Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:50 pm

» Reef Breakdown Sale
by David012081 Sun 17 Apr 2016, 9:33 pm

» Reef tank breakdown sale.
by ritter678 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm

» Converting 90 gallon reef tank to freshwater sale
by oifwarvet Sat 09 Jan 2016, 8:58 pm

» mp10Wes,Storm controller, oxidator
by blueseatex Wed 09 Dec 2015, 11:29 pm

» FREE starry blenny. Very healthy.
by jakebetts0501 Sun 08 Nov 2015, 2:17 am

» Help with lighting.
by oifwarvet Fri 06 Nov 2015, 8:55 am

» equipment bonanza
by Carabelli Mon 02 Nov 2015, 12:32 pm

» Need to Sell all livestock and LR
by grawlfang Sat 24 Oct 2015, 2:45 pm

» Fish tank and equipment for sale!
by anthonydsims34 Tue 13 Oct 2015, 2:29 pm

» North Texas Reef Fanatics October Coral Frag Swap
by markmesquite Fri 28 Aug 2015, 11:53 am

Sponsors
LED pendent  Screen-capture-1
Like/Tweet/+1
Keywords

ORDER  gallon  2011  2012  2014  DUAL  

LED pendent

+3
Grimreefer
Sparky
Mcreefer
7 posters

:: For Sale

Go down

LED pendent  Empty LED pendent

Post by Mcreefer Sat 07 Dec 2013, 1:49 am

I have 30W LED pendents that are dimmable. Royal blue and 20K white. 2 dimmers, one for blue and one for whites. I have this over my 24G cube and run the lights at 40%. Any stronger and i would brown my corals out. It grows SPS really good. These are custom made. Asking 150.00 each.

Mcreefer
Cichlid
Cichlid

Back to top Go down

LED pendent  Empty Re: LED pendent

Post by Sparky Sat 07 Dec 2013, 11:23 am

Can you text me pics?
Sparky
Sparky
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimreefer Sun 08 Dec 2013, 1:34 am

Are you the same McReefer that screwed this guy?

Contacted this guy to in the trading forum to swap an old laptop computer for an MP10, I told him I had one minus power supply. He responded by saying no problem he could use something to get it to work. I ship it in good faith and he receives it. He then says its not working properly, trouble shoots for a few days then says he can only get one mode to work. McREEFER then asked if I want some money for it? I would like the lap top I said, he does not answer. After him having my equipment for a week and a half I said let's just bag it, this one was not meant to be just return it. Week and a half ago says he will ship it back then..........NOTHING. weird because he is on here all the time but cannot man up and return my equipment. If you have to screw over a fellow reefer that helped you in good faith you got bigger problems then me. Please get some integrity dude, your weak. If I can offer and advice please avoid dealing with this guy, sad to say it.

Grimreefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcreefer Sun 08 Dec 2013, 2:35 am

Yes but he's leaving out the fact that when I told him it was broken and offered him cash for what worked he said to just keep it. Then after I got it fixed he said he wanted it back. But I don't understand why you feel the need to post this and assume that I screwed him over and why you didn't PM to ask me. I mean, if your interested in the light and that's why this concerned you then I understand but if you have no interest in the light an your only intent is to piss me off then congratulations you've done so. Anything else you'd like to ask while your at it?

Mcreefer
Cichlid
Cichlid

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Davis Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:50 am

Being one of the original members here (including Grimreefer) we feel an obligation to protect the integrity of our community and it's members..... that would include you too. Since this came to light, the way your transaction was handled leaves more questions than answers. There is always two sides to every story. I'm not in your shoes, I can only speculate how I would have handled it differently. This forum was created because "WE" were being screwed by the owners of a local corrupt forum who took advantage of unsuspecting members. I'm not here to indict you, just wanted you to know where the concern comes from.
Knowing Grimreefer, I suspect he was interested in your light. Did some research, and came up with the info. Many of us belong to other forums. It's not hard to do. I hope after reading this, you'll understand & appreciate the concern.
J.Davis
J.Davis

http://TheZoaGarden.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun 08 Dec 2013, 12:48 pm

Well said JDavis. I agree. I would however say that there are at least 3 sides to every story. His side, your side, and what really happened...LOL
Sparky
Sparky
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Mer-max Sun 08 Dec 2013, 3:43 pm

Whoa. Glad to see reef task force protecting members lol. I believe if one side of a trade is unhappy a reverse trade should always be an option. If everyone screws new people how can anyone ever get their foot in the door? If it wasn't for this community Jason, sparky, all of y'all I'd still be at petco paying $60 for shrooms. Corals aside, opinions, experience and advice are priceless. I read about salt for a year before I started and still made a few mistakes, but now I know. I dunno the story but if you rip someone off knowingly....this is Texas, there's a woodshed somewhere and that's what you deserve...
Mer-max
Mer-max
Bucket Head
Bucket Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimreefer Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:45 pm

Mc I have dealt with many people over the years that I had reef tanks and I have seen unsuspecting people get messed around. If I see something that mat be a problem I will call it out to prevent it from happening to some one else. I am not a blind eye type guy. When I got out this time around I gave a guy on here a frag of everything in my tank free, (and I had a SWEET tank full of SPS) with the understanding that when I got ready to get back in he would return the favor. Now he won't respond to my messages or texts. Not complaining, its the chance you take on those types of deals. But I will call him out if I see any dealings on here with a member. Just saying that if your not willing to do right this is not the forum for you. These people on here are very generous and will to help ANYONE. I wont stand by silently and watch one of them deal with someone who could potentially cause them harm.

Grimreefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcreefer Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:28 pm

So far I've been told that I've screwed a guy over, deserve to be taken behind a woodshed and told that'll I don't do right then this isn't the forum for me. Because of one incedent in 5 years of reefing that none of you are involved with or even know the people involved. But you've decided to take sides, de-rail this thread, make it a public spectacle and continue to egg this on. I have a good name on local forums and always have but now I get to deal with this because you decided to pull out your soap box in public. And you keep doing it. All of this could have been handled through PM. But now your being crap in here that I've already had to deal with like your the GD Internet police. And don't give me some line of BS like your just protecting the community because if that was your sole purpose you would have respected me as part of this community and handled this in private. But you didn't and your still not. Where you stand and how you view me is pretty clear an its based off of one person who you don't know. This should have been dropped after Jason's post or at least handled in private after that but your choosing tk be an ass about this. Your giving me warnings when I've done nothing towards any of you to doubt me. Now are you done or do we really need to drag this out more?

Mcreefer
Cichlid
Cichlid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mer-max Sun 08 Dec 2013, 11:33 pm

Now I didn't say YOU when I made the woodshed comment. I just said people that rip people off deserve that. Annnd, I'm a god fearing native Texan and it's my right to handle things that way if I so choose to feel that I've been taken and ripped off. The members that know me personally know ima happy go lucky laid back guy, so I just wanna clear up I wasn't saying YOU. I dunno what went down in that deal and I don't care. Hopefully ( and I have faith in man kind ) the right thing on the deal was done. Ima big friendly fucker and I believe everyone should be. Just don't want you thinkin I was saying You NEEDED the woodshed, but I'm glad you caught the terminology, I was referring to people that rip people off intentionally. I have faith in ETAKC. Everyone's a family from different backgrounds and for the most part the phone numbers/emails are passed around for help. Before a deal goes down if I feel bad I reflect said feelings to other people and they give me thier opinions. I believe the ENTIRE point anyone was trying to make was its kinna like a family and we look out for each other, as it should be. Sorry if you took offense to what I said, sometimes it comes out wrong. I've never had a deal go down where trade backs weren't an option, in fact - tony offered to trade back on a deal even after I cut a sump into a million pieces with a skill saw, and Jason - I still never took that cold air intake out of the cab of my truck even though it didn't fit yours. Man I type a lot to make a point. Didnt mean to offend you, was just stating how business has been done how I was raised.
Mer-max
Mer-max
Bucket Head
Bucket Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcreefer Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:03 am

We agreed on trading for a working mp10. His was broken. I offered to buy it but it wasn't worth an i5 laptop. He said to keep it. I paid for the rebuild and after that he demanded the laptop or the mp10 which means I would be giving him the value or either when I'm fairly sure he knew it was broken to start. I offered cash again and he continued to push for the laptop. After that he chose to file a complaint and I lost my patience. Trade back was not an option since I paid to fix his broken mp10 under the assumption that he didn't want anything in return. He sent the broken part, he chose to let it go, he's the one who went back on his word and he's the one who refused a logical solution and tried to cause trouble. I'm not happy with the situation but I don't feel all that bad after how he handled things.

Mcreefer
Cichlid
Cichlid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon 09 Dec 2013, 9:34 am

McReefer, although I appreciate your explanation of the event, I would like to say that I never make judgements based on someone's opinion. The few texts that have gone on between you and I make me feel that I can trust you and make an honest deal with you. Everyone on this forum is very close knit and part of my family. Treat me right and everyone will know about it. Treat me wrong...same thing. My family's got my back and I've got theirs. Let's make this deal and build up your GOOD reputation within this community.
Sparky
Sparky
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimreefer Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:24 pm

Mc, all I was doing was putting out a warning that someone else had posted on a trade that had gone bad. As quick as members are to do protect each other, they are just as quick to accept someone into this forum. Maybe a PM would have been better. But think when people know they will be called out they are less likely to commit the offense. I beleive in public execution. Not really into the whole political correctness thing.

Grimreefer

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_of_3 Tue 10 Dec 2013, 6:01 pm

Hey Sparky....do me a favor and remind me to NEVER piss any of you guys off.....

mom_of_3
Monti Cap
Monti Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue 10 Dec 2013, 6:53 pm

Lmao...you bet Samantha
Sparky
Sparky
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by SeanT Wed 11 Dec 2013, 2:05 am

Well, I guess it's time for me to toss in my two cents! I just cant stand it any longer!

Since you decided to post your "explanation" of the bad trade, I feel like I can express my concern with it!

The big problem I have, is with your "explanation" of the bad trade! You said the guy told you "to keep it"! Not buying that! What person would not want there MP10 back after you told him it was broke and that you were not sending the laptop! Who "in there right mind" would not want an expensive piece of equipment back? Every single person on this forum would have just sent it back or we would find a way to make it right, give the guy a chance to fix it! I own 2 MP10's and can't figure out what could possibly break on one that would just make me want to through the entire unit away? What, did every part break at once? Every part is worth something! The controller, dry side, wet side and ac adapter can all be sold separately! So don't try to tell us the guy said "keep it", that he didn't want it back! And the fact that you never once mentioned what was broke?

And, the sad part, you actually feel like you owe the guy nothing? REALLY? I personally would never trade or do business with anyone that thinks like that! It's not good for the hobby or this forum!

But, I must say, the one thing that you are absolutely correct about, this is definitely NOT the forum for you!

Happy Reefing!!

SeanT
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: For Sale

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum