Welcome to East Texas Aquarium Keepers.
Please feel free to Register

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to East Texas Aquarium Keepers.
Please feel free to Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Good place to get Limestone rocks?
by sheridan Thu 25 Jul 2019, 1:02 pm

» Looking for Apex AWM module
by BBolen Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:39 pm

» Selling my Red Sea Max 130D
by TWBriz Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:54 pm

» Collectors sps frag pack
by blueseatex Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:01 pm

» Selling a couple of tanks
by Danny21 Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:50 pm

» Reef Breakdown Sale
by David012081 Sun 17 Apr 2016, 9:33 pm

» Reef tank breakdown sale.
by ritter678 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm

» Converting 90 gallon reef tank to freshwater sale
by oifwarvet Sat 09 Jan 2016, 8:58 pm

» mp10Wes,Storm controller, oxidator
by blueseatex Wed 09 Dec 2015, 11:29 pm

» FREE starry blenny. Very healthy.
by jakebetts0501 Sun 08 Nov 2015, 2:17 am

» Help with lighting.
by oifwarvet Fri 06 Nov 2015, 8:55 am

» equipment bonanza
by Carabelli Mon 02 Nov 2015, 12:32 pm

» Need to Sell all livestock and LR
by grawlfang Sat 24 Oct 2015, 2:45 pm

» Fish tank and equipment for sale!
by anthonydsims34 Tue 13 Oct 2015, 2:29 pm

» North Texas Reef Fanatics October Coral Frag Swap
by markmesquite Fri 28 Aug 2015, 11:53 am

Sponsors
Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 Screen-capture-1
Like/Tweet/+1
Keywords

2014  2012  DUAL  ORDER  2011  gallon  

Budster's Twin in Wall Build

+3
Yeti
Grimreefer
budster.stig
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 Empty Re: Budster's Twin in Wall Build

Post by Yeti Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:46 am

All this! And no coral?
Just tries not to drool at the awesome set up.
Yeti
Yeti

Back to top Go down

Post by budster.stig Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:07 am

Yeti:

The corals can't be too far behind! They're comin'.............Budster
budster.stig
budster.stig
xenia

http://budster.stig@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 Empty 3 month up-date

Post by budster.stig Fri 22 Feb 2013, 6:21 pm

It's been 10 month's since my Miracles 210g Starphire DT was delivered, It's been three month's since the system started to cycle, and it's been about 6 weeks since I put the first live-stock in the tank, and I'm happy to report that all is well. I have added, since my last up-date, (12) scarlet hermit crabs,(24) dwarf blue leg hermit crabs, (24) Turbo snails, (3) peppermint shrimp,(1) burgundy star fish, (7) blue-green Chromis, (1) Fox Face Lo, (1) Six Line Wrasse, (2) Orange Spotted Sleeper gobies. All my new neighbors appear to be doing well, I did loose one chromi some where in the tank and I lost another when I left my side netting off and he jumped out of the tank, but that is the only loss so far. I have experienced and survived the dreaded "New Tank Syndrome" already, the brown alge was first, covering almost everything in a day or two, changing to green hair alge in only a few days. I picked the green off the rocks as best I could and it went away slowly, only to be followed by a very small amount of Red Cyano on the sub-strate and glass. I did not treat or dose anything during this period, I instead decided to let it run it's course naturally, because testing showed Nitrate and Phosphate at zero%, and it did just that in a few short weeks, the tank now is 98% alge free with the exception, of course, of the Coraline Alge seeded from the Live Rock I added. The 250 lbs. of Marco Dry Rock is already showing Coraline Alge population, small purple-red spots growing bigger every day. Soon I will have a tank full of beautiful purple rock teeming with life and covered with live coral, can't wait! Water parameters are "rock solid", SRO Skimmer is producing as expected, Maxspect LED's are programmed and working "Awesome", in short, all the time and work in starting this system is paying off. I have done just one water change so far, and the manual water change configuration allowed me to do a 10% change (38g) in about 5 minutes of turning valves and starting pumps, while never disturbing the kids in the tank.

I have finished triming the tank perimeter but have not installed the bar top and stools yet! I will attach a few pics of the tank from the living room side.

So I guess that's the last up-date to this build, as this build is just about complete, ahead is the fun from playing with the new toy! I hope all ya'll out there who have been following along will let me hear from ya this time. The last few up-dates brought disappointing response, maybe too boring or maybe ya'll jumped off the ship, I'm not sure, so let me know what ya think.

Now that I have a tank, I need a better camera!

Budster...................................Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 00811Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 01011Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 01211Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 00512
budster.stig
budster.stig
xenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeti Fri 22 Feb 2013, 8:13 pm

I think you've done a magnificent job on the complete project, from the planning of the "behind the scenes" to the set up and lay out of the tank. I'm so jealous of the fact that you can do a water change of that size in such a short time.
The tank itself looks awesome. My only concern would be the turbo snails, I found them to be like a drunk driver with a bulldozer with my smaller frags, but with the softies, no problem.
I hope you'll still post pics of the tank as it matures as I think it will be a joy to follow.
Yeti
Yeti

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Sat 23 Feb 2013, 2:45 am

I'm always following along! With my new job and schedule I'm always checking the forum from my phone... so it's a pain to type responses. I'll make sure to always post a quick thumbs up. Your tank looks amazing! I'm loving watching it come together and can't wait for my 227 to get up and running! This makes me anxious! Great tank!
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by budster.stig Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:49 am

Yeti wrote:I think you've done a magnificent job on the complete project, from the planning of the "behind the scenes" to the set up and lay out of the tank. I'm so jealous of the fact that you can do a water change of that size in such a short time.
The tank itself looks awesome. My only concern would be the turbo snails, I found them to be like a drunk driver with a bulldozer with my smaller frags, but with the softies, no problem.
I hope you'll still post pics of the tank as it matures as I think it will be a joy to follow.

Thanks Yeti, I appreciiate the kind words, I will continue to keep in touch with pics. and participate more on the forum now that I have more time to. ...............Budster
budster.stig
budster.stig
xenia

Back to top Go down

Post by budster.stig Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:53 am

matt_longview wrote:I'm always following along! With my new job and schedule I'm always checking the forum from my phone... so it's a pain to type responses. I'll make sure to always post a quick thumbs up. Your tank looks amazing! I'm loving watching it come together and can't wait for my 227 to get up and running! This makes me anxious! Great tank!

Matt: Thanks, I will watch out for your new tank, sounds pretty similiar to mine.
budster.stig
budster.stig
xenia

Back to top Go down

Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 Empty 6 Month up-date

Post by budster.stig Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:48 pm

Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 Dsc_0014Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 00110Hello all ya' East Texan Reefers!  When last we talked my tank was just starting to mature and I was just starting to add the life.  I was just getting to know some of ya'll here on the Web, then I fell off the edge and haven't been along for a while.  I'm happy to report the tank is doing well, have had no glitches (knock on wood), the design and application have proven to be flawless so far.  I've been busy this summer with my 20 acres of pasture, my big aquarium (1/2 acre bull-gill/striper pond) and just trying to keep the garden and grass green in all this heat.  The tank is populated at this point by (2) Gobies, (2) Clowns, (1) 6 line Wrasse, (1) Neon Wrasse, (5) Chromis, (1) Pacific Blue Tang (1) Yellow Tang
(1) Naso Tang, (1) Fox Face Rabbit Fish, (2) Cleaner Shrimp, (1) Burgundy Star, (5) Black Spiny Urchins (hitch hikers from the original live rock), and (1) green bubble tip Anemone.  I have not yet started to consider coral, I think the tanks ready, I've got the lighting for them, so I will soon start looking for frags for my tank.  

I would like to throw something out there for comment.  I would like meet some of ya'll, share ideas and thoughts on what I'm doing here (and what your doing too!), and generally get to know some of the guys and gals I share this interest with.  I would like to host an open house here at my place in Mineola, probably on a Saturday or Sunday or both if necessary, probably next month or early in October.  I am going to Alaska for the Silver Salmon run in  Takeetna, Alaska the first week in September and will be home on the 17th, so it would be some time after that.  If you would be willing to come by and spend a little time, let me know here on the forum, and if there is enough interest, I will plan it when I get back, and let ya'll know right here on ETAK.  Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 Dsc_0010Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 Dsc_0011Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 Dsc_0012Budster's Twin in Wall Build - Page 2 Dsc_0013
budster.stig
budster.stig
xenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2