Welcome to East Texas Aquarium Keepers.
Please feel free to Register

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to East Texas Aquarium Keepers.
Please feel free to Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Good place to get Limestone rocks?
by sheridan Thu 25 Jul 2019, 1:02 pm

» Looking for Apex AWM module
by BBolen Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:39 pm

» Selling my Red Sea Max 130D
by TWBriz Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:54 pm

» Collectors sps frag pack
by blueseatex Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:01 pm

» Selling a couple of tanks
by Danny21 Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:50 pm

» Reef Breakdown Sale
by David012081 Sun 17 Apr 2016, 9:33 pm

» Reef tank breakdown sale.
by ritter678 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm

» Converting 90 gallon reef tank to freshwater sale
by oifwarvet Sat 09 Jan 2016, 8:58 pm

» mp10Wes,Storm controller, oxidator
by blueseatex Wed 09 Dec 2015, 11:29 pm

» FREE starry blenny. Very healthy.
by jakebetts0501 Sun 08 Nov 2015, 2:17 am

» Help with lighting.
by oifwarvet Fri 06 Nov 2015, 8:55 am

» equipment bonanza
by Carabelli Mon 02 Nov 2015, 12:32 pm

» Need to Sell all livestock and LR
by grawlfang Sat 24 Oct 2015, 2:45 pm

» Fish tank and equipment for sale!
by anthonydsims34 Tue 13 Oct 2015, 2:29 pm

» North Texas Reef Fanatics October Coral Frag Swap
by markmesquite Fri 28 Aug 2015, 11:53 am

Sponsors
Aulonocara sp Stuartgranti Maleri Island Peacock Screen-capture-1
Like/Tweet/+1
Keywords

DUAL  2014  2011  2012  gallon  ORDER  

Aulonocara sp Stuartgranti Maleri Island Peacock

+3
Win
Yuma
KMX
7 posters

:: Freshwater :: Cichlids

Go down

Aulonocara sp Stuartgranti Maleri Island Peacock Empty Aulonocara sp Stuartgranti Maleri Island Peacock

Post by KMX Thu 27 Jan 2011, 1:38 pm

My dominate male Aulonocara sp Stuartgranti Maleri Island Peacock

Aulonocara sp Stuartgranti Maleri Island Peacock Mall-Island-NICE-SHOT-1

Aulonocara sp Stuartgranti Maleri Island Peacock Mall-island3

Aulonocara sp Stuartgranti Maleri Island Peacock Mall-island2
KMX
KMX
Damsel

http://USAfishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Aulonocara sp Stuartgranti Maleri Island Peacock Empty Re: Aulonocara sp Stuartgranti Maleri Island Peacock

Post by KMX Thu 27 Jan 2011, 1:39 pm

Did I mention I have juvies for sale Wink
KMX
KMX
Damsel

Back to top Go down

Aulonocara sp Stuartgranti Maleri Island Peacock Empty Re: Aulonocara sp Stuartgranti Maleri Island Peacock

Post by Yuma Thu 27 Jan 2011, 3:02 pm

Cool fish. I have a brother in law that might be interested. I'm trying to get him on this site. I'll let you know.

Yuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Win Thu 27 Jan 2011, 3:28 pm

sharp looking fish there Smile
Win
Win

Back to top Go down

Post by wlazo312 Fri 28 Jan 2011, 1:22 am

How old is your male Aulonocara? He has beautiful colors!!!! Oh and where do your recommend getting cichlids from around the DFW area?
wlazo312
wlazo312
xenia

Back to top Go down

Post by KMX Fri 28 Jan 2011, 7:04 pm

Peacock is about 2 years old. Patience is key with peacocks.

I don't recomend getting fish in the DFW area. Unless it's from me or another local breeder. Just being honest. If you want a pure line and good quality.

I get most of my fish shipped in from well known breeders from around the USA. If I can't find what I am looking for I can always turn to Dave @ D.R.A.F. (Daves Rare Aquarium Fish) In San Antonio. Dued knows his fish and knows how to get them.

Davesfish.com
KMX
KMX
Damsel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shank Fri 28 Jan 2011, 7:20 pm

wlazo312 wrote:How old is your male Aulonocara? He has beautiful colors!!!! Oh and where do your recommend getting cichlids from around the DFW area?

The Fish Gallery near park and greenville has a pretty good selection, Dallas North Aquariums isn't bad either but FG is better in my opinion...
Shank
Shank
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Shank Fri 28 Jan 2011, 7:20 pm

KMX wrote:Peacock is about 2 years old. Patience is key with peacocks.

I don't recomend getting fish in the DFW area. Unless it's from me or another local breeder. Just being honest. If you want a pure line and good quality.

I get most of my fish shipped in from well known breeders from around the USA. If I can't find what I am looking for I can always turn to Dave @ D.R.A.F. (Daves Rare Aquarium Fish) In San Antonio. Dued knows his fish and knows how to get them.

Davesfish.com

Where are you at in Dallas?
Shank
Shank
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by wlazo312 Fri 28 Jan 2011, 9:10 pm

KMX wrote:Peacock is about 2 years old. Patience is key with peacocks.

Davesfish.com

Ahh Daves fish.... That place is one of my FAVORITE stores to go to when I head back home to San Antonio to see the family, and yes Dave does know his stuff. For the most part Dave's is where I get most of my fish. And KMX you say you bread great looking fish? I would be most interested in buying some beautiful males if you have any, and juvies as well.

Shank I am in Nacogdoches, and thanks for the names of some stores. I was planning of buying some fish up in Dallas on a weekend that I have soccer up there for SFA.
wlazo312
wlazo312
xenia

Back to top Go down

Post by onegoodie Sat 29 Jan 2011, 11:38 am

Hey KMX, I am the brother-in-law Yuma was talking about early in the thread. I have a 55 setup with yellow labs, red zebras, and yellow tail acei. I started with mild mbuna's to give me some flexibility on which way to go from there. Been debating trying to mix some aulonocara which not too many articles seem to recommend, but have talked to a couple online who have had success. The other direction would be looking at some of the more aggressive mbunas to throw in with my guys. Your thoughts?

What size are your juvies?

Last edited by onegoodie on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad grammar!)
onegoodie
onegoodie
Yellow Tang
Yellow Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by KMX Sat 29 Jan 2011, 8:31 pm

There needs to be a Multi quote button on this forum.

Shank I am in Mansfield. I do belive those are your best stores in the Dallas area but they are still not Great. I would never buy from there. Unless you want to empty your pockets. Good selection though.

Wlazo as of now I do not have much b/c I moved about 2 months ago and everything is just starting to breed. As of now I have.

Aulonocara sp. ''Stuartgranti Maleri'' Maleri Island Peacock ( in the pic)
I only have Juvys for sale. $5 each unsexed. I probalby Could ID a few males.

F2 Petrotilapia sp. ''Chitimba'' Chitimba Bay 2" unsexed. Could ID a few males.
These are really RARE and only a few people in the USA have these. $5 each.

Haplochromis sp. ''Ruby'' 1.5" $3 each unsexed.

F2 Cynotilapia axelrodi Nkhata Bay 1" unsexed $4 each

F1 Steatocranus tinanti ''Slim Buffalo Head'' 2" $10 each

Cherry Red Shrimps $1 each.
Red European Ramshorn Snails 5 for $1

Soon I will have ready.
Neo. Leleupi F2 1.5" $7 each
syndontis Petracocla catfish F2 1" $8 each
Calvus Congo black F1 1" $7 each
Compresosep Mwela Orange F1 1" $8 each
Moorii Dolphin 2" $5 each
Yellow Labs 1" $3 each

More to come after that!
KMX
KMX
Damsel

Back to top Go down

Post by KMX Sat 29 Jan 2011, 8:42 pm

onegoodie wrote:Hey KMX, I am the brother-in-law Yuma was talking about early in the thread. I have a 55 setup with yellow labs, red zebras, and yellow tail acei. I started with mild mbuna's to give me some flexibility on which way to go from there. Been debating trying to mix some aulonocara which not too many articles seem to recommend, but have talked to a couple online who have had success. The other direction would be looking at some of the more aggressive mbunas to throw in with my guys. Your thoughts?

What size are your juvies?

1st off let me start off by saying I love having my Mbuna and Peacocks in the same tank. They are from the same lake. I have never had a problem with any mix and breeding is non stop. Also another good thing is you don't have to worry about a Mbuna crossing with a Peacock and making a hybrid. HYBRIDS ARE NOT GOOD.

I would not mix anymore Mbuna. You already have a Labidochromis (Yellow Lab), Pseudotropheus (Orange Zebra) and another Pseudo. (Acei). Me personally I would not mix the 2 Pseudos. Unless I knew they were both male or both female. You don't want to make hybrids.

Sounds like to me if you have a 55G tanks and you are looking to add more... I would go with some Peacocks. Or get some more of the same mbuna. Me personally I love to see species interact in large groups. I have 55G's all over. Mainly a mix of Mbuna and Peacock.

When you are buying Peacocks make sure it is from a reliable source.
KMX
KMX
Damsel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shank Sun 30 Jan 2011, 4:41 am

KMX wrote:There needs to be a Multi quote button on this forum.

Shank I am in Mansfield. I do belive those are your best stores in the Dallas area but they are still not Great. I would never buy from there. Unless you want to empty your pockets. Good selection though.

Wlazo as of now I do not have much b/c I moved about 2 months ago and everything is just starting to breed. As of now I have.

Aulonocara sp. ''Stuartgranti Maleri'' Maleri Island Peacock ( in the pic)
I only have Juvys for sale. $5 each unsexed. I probalby Could ID a few males.

F2 Petrotilapia sp. ''Chitimba'' Chitimba Bay 2" unsexed. Could ID a few males.
These are really RARE and only a few people in the USA have these. $5 each.

Haplochromis sp. ''Ruby'' 1.5" $3 each unsexed.

F2 Cynotilapia axelrodi Nkhata Bay 1" unsexed $4 each

F1 Steatocranus tinanti ''Slim Buffalo Head'' 2" $10 each

Cherry Red Shrimps $1 each.
Red European Ramshorn Snails 5 for $1

Soon I will have ready.
Neo. Leleupi F2 1.5" $7 each
syndontis Petracocla catfish F2 1" $8 each
Calvus Congo black F1 1" $7 each
Compresosep Mwela Orange F1 1" $8 each
Moorii Dolphin 2" $5 each
Yellow Labs 1" $3 each

More to come after that!

Dude, can you post picks of the F2 Petrotilapia sp. ''Chitimba'' Chitimba Bay 2"? I dont have much room without over crowding but a pair would be a gorgeous addition, 2" should be ok but now that I have a nursery set up I could let them get bigger there if I have to...
Shank
Shank
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas Gypsy Sun 30 Jan 2011, 11:15 am

Shank wrote:
wlazo312 wrote:How old is your male Aulonocara? He has beautiful colors!!!! Oh and where do your recommend getting cichlids from around the DFW area?

The Fish Gallery near park and greenville has a pretty good selection, Dallas North Aquariums isn't bad either but FG is better in my opinion...

I second that! Come to The Fish Gallery, we can definitely hook you up. We have a huge selection of different mbuna breeds.
Texas Gypsy
Texas Gypsy
Reefer
Reefer

https://www.facebook.com/trculpepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas Gypsy Sun 30 Jan 2011, 11:29 am

Post up some pics of the juvies. Im definitely interested.
Texas Gypsy
Texas Gypsy
Reefer
Reefer

https://www.facebook.com/trculpepper

Back to top Go down

Post by KMX Sun 30 Jan 2011, 8:00 pm

Nothing to look at with Juvie peacocks. They are all brown.
KMX
KMX
Damsel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Freshwater :: Cichlids

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum