Welcome to East Texas Aquarium Keepers.
Please feel free to Register

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to East Texas Aquarium Keepers.
Please feel free to Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Good place to get Limestone rocks?
by sheridan Thu 25 Jul 2019, 1:02 pm

» Looking for Apex AWM module
by BBolen Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:39 pm

» Selling my Red Sea Max 130D
by TWBriz Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:54 pm

» Collectors sps frag pack
by blueseatex Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:01 pm

» Selling a couple of tanks
by Danny21 Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:50 pm

» Reef Breakdown Sale
by David012081 Sun 17 Apr 2016, 9:33 pm

» Reef tank breakdown sale.
by ritter678 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm

» Converting 90 gallon reef tank to freshwater sale
by oifwarvet Sat 09 Jan 2016, 8:58 pm

» mp10Wes,Storm controller, oxidator
by blueseatex Wed 09 Dec 2015, 11:29 pm

» FREE starry blenny. Very healthy.
by jakebetts0501 Sun 08 Nov 2015, 2:17 am

» Help with lighting.
by oifwarvet Fri 06 Nov 2015, 8:55 am

» equipment bonanza
by Carabelli Mon 02 Nov 2015, 12:32 pm

» Need to Sell all livestock and LR
by grawlfang Sat 24 Oct 2015, 2:45 pm

» Fish tank and equipment for sale!
by anthonydsims34 Tue 13 Oct 2015, 2:29 pm

» North Texas Reef Fanatics October Coral Frag Swap
by markmesquite Fri 28 Aug 2015, 11:53 am

Sponsors
No longer updating this thread. New thread started.... Screen-capture-1
Like/Tweet/+1
Keywords

DUAL  2014  gallon  2012  2011  ORDER  

No longer updating this thread. New thread started....

+2
BBAILEY_TYLER
J.Davis
6 posters

:: For Sale

Go down

No longer updating this thread. New thread started.... Empty No longer updating this thread. New thread started....

Post by J.Davis Thu 10 Nov 2011, 12:23 pm

48” Current PC Fixture 2x65w + 2 lunar leds (needs 1 PC bulb replaced) $35
No longer updating this thread. New thread started.... 030
48” Dual T5 fixture $40
No longer updating this thread. New thread started.... 028-1
Eshopps PF-300 Overflow box Up to 75g tank $15
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Coralife Electronic Ozonizer Model 25 $5
Brine Shrimp Hatchery w/ one packet of eggs - free with purchase
Floating temp./ hydrometer - free with purchase

20L Set-up $150
Black Stand & Canopy, 30” Coralife PC fixture, Prizim Deluxe HOB Protien Skimmer, HOB Sm. Bio-wheel filter, Digital timer/power strip, Rena Smart 150w Heater, Koralia 1 powerhead
No longer updating this thread. New thread started.... 6bb3e06e

Last edited by J.Davis on Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:58 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : updated)
J.Davis
J.Davis

http://TheZoaGarden.com

Back to top Go down

No longer updating this thread. New thread started.... Empty Re: No longer updating this thread. New thread started....

Post by J.Davis Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:08 pm

BRS Reactor, Heaters and Hammerhead - pending pick-up
J.Davis
J.Davis

Back to top Go down

No longer updating this thread. New thread started.... Empty Re: No longer updating this thread. New thread started....

Post by BBAILEY_TYLER Fri 11 Nov 2011, 4:18 am

Hey j.Davis you still have the leds if so will you take 200 for both?

BBAILEY_TYLER
Sea Turtle
Sea Turtle

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Davis Fri 11 Nov 2011, 8:18 am

BBAILEY_TYLER wrote:Hey j.Davis you still have the leds if so will you take 200 for both?
Might I suggest if your going to make a "Low Ball" offer, it's better to do so in a PM. I had three people "In-Line" on DFWMAS all willing to gladly pay the asking price... and shipping if necessary. I myself paid over $400 for these two. I don't mind helping people by giving a good deal on a sale... I even simply give some stuff (like macro-algae) away. My "Asking" prices have always been fair for anything I've sold. Obvious "Low Ball" offers put out publicly don't look good and will cause others to shy away from doing business with you in the future. I understand you've found some similar on the web for $300 (for 2).. so your asking me to take an additional $100 off??? Cut my price by another 33% so you can save another $100 and get them cheaper than ANYONE else would even think about selling them?? For $100 each I would have given the away to one of my friends who couldn't afford lighting. Sold for $300 on DFWMAS

BRS Reactor, 1 Heater & Hammerhead Mag Float sold...
J.Davis
J.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Fri 11 Nov 2011, 10:37 am

I'll flip ya for the 20 long setup...

Heads.
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Davis Fri 11 Nov 2011, 10:46 am

Nope.. sorry. Came up "Tails" lol!
J.Davis
J.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by BBAILEY_TYLER Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:15 am

Sorry to offend you not trying to lowball anybody that is just all I had and I sincerely appreciate any help I have gotten from the forums I am glad u got the 300 out of the lights and o hope I haven't hindered anyone to do business with me sorry again, I am holding off like you said and saving my money so I can order 2 Apollo lights and see how they do.

BBAILEY_TYLER
Sea Turtle
Sea Turtle

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Davis Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:24 am

I understand. You might want to talk with Matt, DYI can get you the same (or better) results with 1/2 the cost. If Matt can build some... anyone can?

As far as the "Low Balling" thing, I see that wasn't your intent. Just a pet-peve of mine.. $$ is tight all over.
J.Davis
J.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:03 pm

I actually don't think I could get it down to half the cost of those Apollo fixtures. I'm just not sure about those fixtures... some of the data they list on them is incorrect for sure. It's completely impossible for them to be getting the par they're getting at the depth they're saying. The technology just isn't out there right now. Still... the par numbers they're listing are WAY too high... so literally if they're 1/4th what they're listing they would still be good par numbers. It's a gamble buying those units, but when I first bought that Evolution LED fixture it was a bit of a gamble too. You just don't know what you're going to get when you buy an LED fixture that hasn't really been tested.
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Davis Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:11 pm

What is the pricing on those units?
J.Davis
J.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by DonnieP Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:44 pm

Are these the Apollo your'e talking about? I think there is a China knockoff that Miya was pushing too but these par numbers seem to be in line. These are assembled in America but I'm sure the leds come from China! are there any leds made in America or just assembled here? I may be wrong but I think the Cree leds are made in China too, if someone knows for sure please correct me because I am under the impression that all leds come from China.

Apollo
DonnieP
DonnieP

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Mon 14 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

Crees are from everywhere. They are an absolutely HUGE LED company. The largest in the world. Their LEDs are simply made to be LEDs... not for Reef lighting. They just happen to work (some bin's better than others) for reefs.

That Apollo fixture is legit. I'm guessing it's made with 2w Bridgelux LEDs... possibly Lux LEDs. Once again, neither are created for use in a reef, but happen to work well. I had never heard of the Apollo LEDs, but those numbers aren't insane. The chinese apollo numbers (listed at 2k par at approx the same distance) just don't make since. That's why I was saying if it's 1/4th of what they're promising (500par) they'd still be great. There's just no way to know.

If I had unlimited budget. I'd buy either the kessil LEDs or the Orphek fixtures.
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by DonnieP Mon 14 Nov 2011, 2:49 pm

matt_longview wrote:Crees are from everywhere. They are an absolutely HUGE LED company. The largest in the world. Their LEDs are simply made to be LEDs... not for Reef lighting. They just happen to work (some bin's better than others) for reefs.

That Apollo fixture is legit. I'm guessing it's made with 2w Bridgelux LEDs... possibly Lux LEDs. Once again, neither are created for use in a reef, but happen to work well. I had never heard of the Apollo LEDs, but those numbers aren't insane. The chinese apollo numbers (listed at 2k par at approx the same distance) just don't make since. That's why I was saying if it's 1/4th of what they're promising (500par) they'd still be great. There's just no way to know.

If I had unlimited budget. I'd buy either the kessil LEDs or the Orphek fixtures.

I still want to know what you think, Matt, you have researched leds as much or more than I have. I still think all led components are made in China, Have you found any that are actually made from scratch in the U.S.A.?
DonnieP
DonnieP

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeti Mon 14 Nov 2011, 4:23 pm

Donnie
I did a search on google - LED light US manufacturing site -
came up with.

LED Grow-Master bars are NAFTA certified and ROHS
compliant. Our lighting is manufactured by SolarOasis right here in
the USA. SolarOasis leads the industry in LED lighting solutions
and engineering. They currently hold 12 patents granted or
pending including the first US patent for a commercial LED plant
grow light. The engineers at SolarOasis began developing OEM
light emitting diodes (LED) applications in 1992. These LEDs
have now been used around the world for over 17 years. The
company was established in 2000 to address the needs on NASA
and continues to supply product to their projects.
Yeti
Yeti

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Mon 14 Nov 2011, 5:28 pm

None of the popular LEDs are USA produced. None that I've researched anyways. They're just got the market on them. There are a few out there, but none I recognized as a popular name brand.

Not to say that they won't work, but there's typically not as much data like spectrum charts available on them
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Davis Mon 14 Nov 2011, 7:54 pm

Hey.. you guys gonna buy anything?.... lol!
J.Davis
J.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Davis Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:13 pm

Window Shoppers!
J.Davis
J.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcreefer Sat 19 Nov 2011, 4:07 pm

Theres a recall on those Stealth Pro heaters. If you or anyone who buys them takes it to a legit LFS they should give you a new heater in exchange. I had 4 of them. 2 broke and over heated and I didn't wait for the others.
info is here

Mcreefer
Cichlid
Cichlid

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Davis Sun 20 Nov 2011, 11:01 am

Mcreefer wrote:Theres a recall on those Stealth Pro heaters. If you or anyone who buys them takes it to a legit LFS they should give you a new heater in exchange. I had 4 of them. 2 broke and over heated and I didn't wait for the others.
info is here

Good Link! I've ran these for years without a problem, but what better way to get a "New" 250w heater upgrade for free!

^^^^^Original Post has been updated with equipment listed

Last edited by J.Davis on Sun 20 Nov 2011, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated)
J.Davis
J.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

I'll take the hannah phosphate checker, alk and large mag float.

For my dad I'll snag the test kits and mj1200 rig.
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Davis Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:41 pm

Thanks Matt, my "Closet" is getting cleaner Smile
J.Davis
J.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcreefer Sun 20 Nov 2011, 11:41 pm

NP on the link. I was super happy when I traded them in for new ones. Its like X-mas coming early.

Mcreefer
Cichlid
Cichlid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down