Welcome to East Texas Aquarium Keepers.
Please feel free to Register

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to East Texas Aquarium Keepers.
Please feel free to Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Good place to get Limestone rocks?
by sheridan Thu 25 Jul 2019, 1:02 pm

» Looking for Apex AWM module
by BBolen Wed 13 Mar 2019, 12:39 pm

» Selling my Red Sea Max 130D
by TWBriz Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:54 pm

» Collectors sps frag pack
by blueseatex Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:01 pm

» Selling a couple of tanks
by Danny21 Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:50 pm

» Reef Breakdown Sale
by David012081 Sun 17 Apr 2016, 9:33 pm

» Reef tank breakdown sale.
by ritter678 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm

» Converting 90 gallon reef tank to freshwater sale
by oifwarvet Sat 09 Jan 2016, 8:58 pm

» mp10Wes,Storm controller, oxidator
by blueseatex Wed 09 Dec 2015, 11:29 pm

» FREE starry blenny. Very healthy.
by jakebetts0501 Sun 08 Nov 2015, 2:17 am

» Help with lighting.
by oifwarvet Fri 06 Nov 2015, 8:55 am

» equipment bonanza
by Carabelli Mon 02 Nov 2015, 12:32 pm

» Need to Sell all livestock and LR
by grawlfang Sat 24 Oct 2015, 2:45 pm

» Fish tank and equipment for sale!
by anthonydsims34 Tue 13 Oct 2015, 2:29 pm

» North Texas Reef Fanatics October Coral Frag Swap
by markmesquite Fri 28 Aug 2015, 11:53 am

Sponsors
Get the Word Out Contest Entry - Craigslist Shock and Awe! - Page 2 Screen-capture-1
Like/Tweet/+1
Keywords

ORDER  2011  2012  2014  DUAL  gallon  

Get the Word Out Contest Entry - Craigslist Shock and Awe!

+12
mike623
jimdager
Brandon1986
ReefingwhatIsow
Yeti
JamesB
grawlfang
shhh
Cichlid Lover
Grimreefer
Digger
matt_longview
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Get the Word Out Contest Entry - Craigslist Shock and Awe! - Page 2 Empty Re: Get the Word Out Contest Entry - Craigslist Shock and Awe!

Post by jimdager Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:27 pm

Hi,
I just saw the craigslist ad, and joined the forum. I am just happy to find some other local (somewhat...) saltwater forums. I am fairly new to saltwater, and would be interested in the green acro frag if it is still available? If you would be willing to ship it, I would be more than willing to pay any shipping costs, but unfortunately, I live in brenham, and dont have any time to make it up that way. If not, I totally understand, and please pass it on to the next winner. Like I said, I am just excited to find a new local forum, as there arnt a lot of real close ones to me (already a member of marsh-reef and ARC). thanks, and good to be here.
Jim Dager, DVM

jimdager
Plankton
Plankton

Back to top Go down

Get the Word Out Contest Entry - Craigslist Shock and Awe! - Page 2 Empty Re: Get the Word Out Contest Entry - Craigslist Shock and Awe!

Post by mike623 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:53 pm

Welcome aboard Very Happy
mike623
mike623
Bucket Head
Bucket Head

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Tue 27 Mar 2012, 12:24 am

I've got plenty of green acro, so even if the user above chooses to stock with it I can do another. I wouldn't mind shipping if I can find a small insulated box locally that's not unusually expensive. Message me your zip code and I'll get a quote for you. :-)

You mentioned being new to saltwater and I'm not sure how new so I'll just give you a warning that acros are one of the most difficult corals to keep.

Tell us about your system. When did you start it, what equipment and what's your future plans. Welcome to the forums! Hope to see you around often!
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdager Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:45 am

Matt,
thanks for the reply. My zip code is 77833. As far as saltwater, I have been in it for about 6 months, before that, mainly freshwater. My setup is a 34 gallon red sea max, Which I purchased used and setup already, it has been up and running for about 4 years. The tank is pretty much stock, but within the next day or two, I will be upgrading the stock lights with a led light kit from rapid led. Its already on order, just waiting for it to arrive. I have had pretty good success with a wide variety of corals, trumpets, hammers, torch, favia, zoas, etc. The only thing I havent had much success with is a brain, which seems to be bleaching and showing a little skeleton on one side on the bottom, Im hoping the new light will help him out. Do you think that would be an OK system for an Acro, it would be my first. My water is always stabile, and good parameters, and I do weekly water changes, a minimum of 5-8 gallons. let me know what you think,
thanks,
Jim Dager

jimdager
Plankton
Plankton

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Tue 27 Mar 2012, 11:10 am

Sounds great. I'll wait till the LEDs get installed though. The stock lights won't do much for it. Let me know if you have questions about your led build. I just finished a bunch of led fixtures from rapidled. :-)
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimreefer Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:35 pm

How many entries to the CONTEST, not new entries to the forum, do we have o far?

Grimreefer

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:47 pm

I believe gabe and myself thus far. :-)
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by SciOps Sat 31 Mar 2012, 12:18 am

Michael here, and I'm another new add thanks to craigslist. I just started a new tank this week, so I'm brand new to the hobby. I'll try to read through the forums in order to pick up whatever information I can. I am not going to try to claim any of the prizes advertised because I don't know what I need. I'm perfectly happy with any comments or tips once I post a pic of my tank, which I'll try to do within the next few days.

SciOps
Reefer
Reefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeti Sat 31 Mar 2012, 12:22 am

Welcome Michael.
Why not start a new thread giving us an idea of what you have, and what you are hoping to achieve ... and yes we love pics. Other nice thing is that this way you can see how your tank has developed over the months.

As for questions, we have a plethora of experienced Reefers on the forum, all willing to share their experiences in the hope of making your build go more smoothly.
Yeti
Yeti

Back to top Go down

Post by SciOps Sat 31 Mar 2012, 12:28 am

I'll start it under Freshwater>Community as it seems the most appropriate place for my current tank. Thanks for the welcome!

SciOps
Reefer
Reefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeti Sat 31 Mar 2012, 1:17 am

If you are FW, then there are a few of us on here too. Feel free to ask. I had FW tanks for many years before recently venturing into the Darkside of SW.
Yeti
Yeti

Back to top Go down

Post by Cichlid Lover Sat 31 Mar 2012, 1:45 am

SciOps wrote:I'll start it under Freshwater>Community as it seems the most appropriate place for my current tank. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome Michael! I am a FW tanker too! I have found that the people on this forum are very helpful and generous with information. I have 2 55 gallon cichlid tanks, one 20 gallon fancy guppy tank. And want to start a SW tank soon.

What do you have?

Cichlid Lover

Cichlid Lover
^^^Awesome^^^
^^^Awesome^^^

Back to top Go down

Post by SciOps Sat 31 Mar 2012, 8:31 am

Thread started!

CL, I've only got a 16g with platys and a molly right now, though I don't know that I'm happy with my choices. I only bought the molly because my wife saw it at the store and named it... kinda had to buy it then. It's a nice looking fish and it compatible with my plan anyway, so it works out.

SciOps
Reefer
Reefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cichlid Lover Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:58 am

Haha! Yah, you had to buy it if it was already named! Hey what type of platys? I went to Dallas last night to see my sister in hospital. Met a lady there that was getting rid of very fancy guppies........about 100 of them. So I drove to Ft Worth and got them. When I got home and put them in my 20 gallon I noticed there were 3 gorgeous huge platys, a white strawberry, a glden yellow, and a black with blue spots on his tail. Hannt decided if I will keep them yet.
I'll go check your tank out ........and again, WELCOME!

Cichlid Lover
^^^Awesome^^^
^^^Awesome^^^

Back to top Go down

Post by SciOps Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:40 am

For the platys I have 1 sunburst Mickey mouse, 1 red, and 1 red wag. The Mickey mouse was a necessity for my son. If I go sw later, a clown and tang will be necessary as well!

SciOps
Reefer
Reefer

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

If the tang you want is the blue regal like the movie then snag a 120g or more! :-)

Otherwise get a yellow tail damsel; might be similar enough... if you're lucky. Haha
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by SciOps Sat 31 Mar 2012, 12:04 pm

The colors on sw fish are so remarkable, I'm sure I'll end up there sooner or later. Though I don't know of a great lfs in Tyler. Petland is the best i've seen so far. Anything better in Tyler or Longview?

SciOps
Reefer
Reefer

Back to top Go down

Post by SciOps Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:10 pm

In regards to my previous post, I have since read that we're SOL when it comes to good lfs, and Petland has been cursed. So I guess if I ever do go sw or even reef, i'm going to have to go out of town for anything good. Is that right?

SciOps
Reefer
Reefer

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Sun 01 Apr 2012, 12:50 am

New saltwater store in Tyler! Lone Star Aquariums. They're a sponsor of this forum and are well ahead of any competition in Tyler. They're suggested by many. :-)
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Sun 01 Apr 2012, 12:51 am

Oh, and as of 8 minutes from now. We're finished up with the contest! Thanks to everyone who participated. Items can still be picked up. Please schedule with me!
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdager Sun 01 Apr 2012, 7:55 pm

I just wanted to take a minute and send out a public thanks to Matt_longview. He went above and beyond to help me trouble shoot some problems I was having with my LED build/retrofit for the red sea max. I have gotten more help being a member of this forum for two days, than I have received on other forums in 6 months. thanks for everything, and I will start a tank thread as soon as I can, and as soon as my corals start opening back up after being without light for about 2 days....
Jim

jimdager
Plankton
Plankton

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_longview Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:02 pm

You're welcome. Glad I could help! :-)

That's what a local forum is all about!
matt_longview
matt_longview

Back to top Go down

Post by SciOps Thu 05 Apr 2012, 11:04 pm

matt_longview wrote:New saltwater store in Tyler! Lone Star Aquariums. They're a sponsor of this forum and are well ahead of any competition in Tyler. They're suggested by many. :-)

Thanks for the info! I looked on their website and whadya know? They're less than a half mile from my house. If y'all convert me to the dark side I'm going to be in trouble with my wife with such easy access to a good store...

SciOps
Reefer
Reefer

Back to top Go down

Post by ritter678 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 11:27 pm

Why can't we be the BRIGHT SIDE? sunny
ritter678
ritter678

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeti Fri 06 Apr 2012, 12:36 am

It's too late Darth Ritter, you know that SW is the dark side, it takes a hold of you, and becomes a passion. You can't tell that at the end of the day, if you've gotten salty, the day seems somehow to be better?
Yeti
Yeti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next